SEE encourages research and education about the environment and its many interactions with human society, providing a focus for interdisciplinary, cross-faculty research and education in the field of Environmental Sciences at TIET. Recently SEE organized following activities:
- Sustainability Through Technical Intervention (STTI-2018) conducted on October 31, 2018: Workshop explored the application of the most relevant research and theory that can be used to improve the practice of science, sustainability and environmental communication. Participants got an overview of the field as it was examined how lab- scale research and real-time ideas, come together in advocacy and social marketing campaigns, and other forms of public participation for environmental protection. Participants also had the opportunity to present their work on the projects that are relevant to the specific societal community interests.
- Workshop on Waste Management (WWM-2018) conducted from November 30 to December 1, 2018: The workshop was exclusively for Junior Environmental Engineers (JEE’s) and Assistant Environmental Engineers (AEE’s) working in PPCB. The Program had technical sessions on Wastewater treatment, Air Quality, Air Pollution Control & Sampling Techniques. The workshop also had a panel discussion session as well.
- SCI Fest, conducted on February 21,2019: To appreciate and encourage scientific endeavors of young minds Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (TIET), Patiala celebrated SCI FEST 2019 on February 21, 2019.More than 300 undergraduate science students from various institutions and colleges of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh enthusiastically participated in SCI FEST 2019. Apart from the motivational lecture different competitions, such as, Poster Presentation, Scientific Quiz, Project Demonstration and Scientific Rangoli were organized as part of this event.
- Workshop on Water and Wastewater Analysis (July 23-24, 2019): Participants from various streams including the diploma students of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, and Laboratory Chemists from industries were given hands on experience on collection, preservation and analysis of water samples. The imparted knowledge and skills would make them more systematic and knowledgeable for application in their professional area for design, execution and monitoring of municipal water and wastewater treatment plants.
- 8th International Selenium Conference (November 20-23, 2019): The 8th International Selenium Conference was organized during 20-23 November 2019 by School of Energy and Environment, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology and co-hosted by School of Chemistry and Biochemistry; and Department of Biotechnology, TIET. Thirty three delegates from seven different countries (USA, France, Russia, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, China) and eight experts from India affiliated to esteemed institutions such as BARC, DAE-Centre for Basic Sciences, Panjab University participated and presented their research findings. The meeting culminated with panel discussion on focus towards further research on selenium in biological systems followed by proposal for 9th International Selenium Conference at Incheon, South Korea. Dr N.Tejo Prakash, Organizing Secretary of the conference took the delegates to a tour to Seleniferous fields of Punjab.